Friday, January 3, 2014

Bookish and Booktube Goals - 2014

Hey! It's Kiara and I decided to make a blog post for my reading goals this year. I wanted to make a video for it, but I much rather write one in a blog post.

Now, for my reading goals. 

1. I want to read 70 books this year. 

As much as I would like to challenge myself to read 100 books, I know it will be extremely difficult. I still attend school, so I don't want to spread myself too thin. I finished 63 books in the year of 2013, so I'm sure I can read 70 books. To everyone who is doing the 100 book reading challenge, I wish you luck! 

2. I want to finish the Harry Potter series.

Yes, I know. Someone should give me the cone of shame. I have read books 1-3 and 6-7. I have yet to complete the Goblet of Fire and the Order of the Phoenix. They are just so huge and threatening. But, I definitely want to complete them this year. 

3. I want to complete 10 series. 

I keep on starting new series and I feel like I haven't completed that many. This year, so many books are coming out that will conclude series, so I'm sure that I will be able to reach this goal. I will most likely make a blog post about the Top 10 Series I Need to Finish.

4. Keep book buying to a minimum. 

I don't really have a book buying problem compared to some. I mean, this month I have already bought 10 books. But, I have every intention in reading these books in the next two months, so it's okay.

5. I want to do Project 10 sometime this year. 

If you are unfamiliar with what this is, it is basically where you have to select 10 books you must read. You cannot buy any books until you have read all of those 10 books. I really just want to take some books off of my TBR and this is a great way to motivate myself to do it. 


Booktube Goals

6. I want to make at least two videos every month. 

Making videos on top of school is very difficult, but I really want to keep making more content for my subscribers. Especially because I am at a point where people will actually miss me if I am absent.

7. I want to do VEDA in either June or July. 

I really want to make more videos in the summer and VEDA is probably the best motivation. This will be something for you all to look forward to!

8. I want to host my own 24-Hour Readathon.

I was able to do this readathon in December and it was really fun. So fun that I decided that it would be cool to host my own. I am thinking about doing it in June, so look forward to that! 


I think these are all goals I can accomplish this year. I am looking forward to reading and interacting with all of you! I wish you all luck on completing your own goals. You can do it!


1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of Project 10 before...not sure if I'm that brave but we shall see..... I've got a reading goal right around yours as well, 75 books. Instead of completing 10 series, I decided to complete 5, start 5. And yay for VEDA! Great list :) I'm doing a ton of reading challenges as well, check them out in the sidebar of my blog if you're interested in trying any!

    ReplyDelete