Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Angelfall by Susan Ee

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)

"I never thought about it before, but I'm proud to be human. We're ever so flawed. We're frail, confused, violent, and we struggle with so many issues. But all in all, I'm proud to be a daughter of man."

Summary: Angels have invaded Earth. Not the ones that do gods bidding, the ones that demolished our planet. Penryn's crippled little sister is taken away  by warrior angels. There is only one person that can help Penryn get her sister back, but he's an Angel.







Overall Review:

I gave Angelfall a 4.5/5 stars. I loved seeing a different side of angels from what we are used to. This book was a bit disturbing at times, especially towards the end. The characters were really entertaining. I wish there was more angel mythology explained. I also felt like the end scene of this book should have been explained a bit more. This was a fairly short book and really easy to get through. 

Characters:

Penryn: She was a very strong female character and it was refreshing. She had a great humor. The trait I most admire most is her loyalty to her sister and Raffe.
Raffe: I really loved Raffe. He had a great sense of humor. This is my favorite line from him:
"'My friends call me Wrath,' says Raffe. 'My enemies call me Please Have Mercy.'"
Dee and Dum: These two were very entertaining and they played a major part in Angelfall. I liked their names the most. 

Sorry this isn't a very long review, I just don't really have the enthusiasm to write it right now. 

Go watch my latest YouTube video! It's my Top 13 Books of 2013.








1 comment:

  1. Getting this book very soon- so excited to read it! I'll probably have it for Bout of Books :) awesome review!

    Violet

    ReplyDelete