Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead

"It's Adrian Ivashkov logic. Don't try to understand it. Just roll with it."



I will warn you that this review will be a tad bit bias because I am absolutely in love with all of Richelle Mead's books. This review may also contain a few spoilers because these feels can not and shall not be held in!

If you have no clue what this book is about, I'll try to get you up to speed. This is the fourth book in the Bloodlines series, and that series is a spinoff to the Vampire Academy series. (Which I totally recommend because it's the best vampire series out there.) If you haven't read any of the previous books that lead up to this one, I recommend you leave now and go read them. You are totally missing out!

Summary:

In this book, Sydney has many complications. With her sister being around, that doesn't leave much time for much Sydrian action, much less time for Alchemist rebels. (But my dear Sydrian fans, you will definitely not be disappointed by this book.) There is a lot to deal with tattoos, tattoos that may save our favorites' lives.

Overall Review:

After immediately finishing this book, I was willing to give this book 5 stars. Now that I have had time to digest what has happened, I shall give it a 4/5 stars.
I thoroughly enjoyed myself while reading this. It was such a thrill. If you don't remember what has happened in past books, don't worry. The first 10 pages or so will help you remember what this world is like.
The major change of this book is that it contains Adrian POVs. I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I loved getting insight to Adrian's mind. He is a character we have know for years and it was interesting to live through his eyes. It was also very essential to this story, especially towards the end of the book. The problem I had was that Mead has a very feminine style of writing and that is why I did not like the Adrian POV. It was too feminine to be a male character. Mead also could have done a lot more with his character because Adrian is definitely one of the most sarcastic characters of all.
I did enjoy the Sydney perspectives as well. She has thrown all of the Alchemists beliefs out the window. I know, finally. It took three books to avoid Adrian's charm, but she has finally fallen over his spell. Mead did a fantastic job of showing the character development that happens with Sydney. It takes awhile to find the strength to go against what she has been taught her whole life.

I hope you found this review helpful. Please note that I purchased this book with my own money and that I am not being paid to make this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment