Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

"Morning tide makes a great companion when you don't want to be around people. It soothes and comforts and doesn't ask for anything. But the sun does. The higher it gets, the more I am reminded that nothing stops time. There is no escaping it."-Anna Banks




If you want a summary of this book, you can check its Goodreads page here.

Overall Review:

This was a quick, funny read. Nothing too serious. It reminded me of the Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout, but it was with mermaids. This didn't wow me, but I think it was still worth the read.
I recommend this if you're in the mood for a light, funny, mermaid book. I wasn't surprised until the end. The ending just had me like:



Writing: 

Ms. Banks' writing style was really easy to read and get through. She adds a lot of humorous lines in the dialogue, which I really enjoyed. I loved the character interaction between Emma and Galen, as well as Reyna and Toraf. Thank god this was written in dual perspective because I don't think I would've gotten as much out of this book if it was written only in Emma's perspective. 

Characters:

Emma:

Emma was great for the most part. At times, she did get on my nerves, but not enough to ruin the reading experience of this book.

Galen:

Galen was your typical hot merman. He didn't make me swoon over him though. He didn't have qualities that stood out. 

Reyna:

Reyna annoyed me most of the time, but that's partially due to the fact that the Audiobook narrator gave her an annoying voice. I really wish she would just admit her feelings for Toraf.

Toraf:

Toraf was great. He was one of those hilarious side characters that you wish you had more of. He was a great addition to this book.


Thank you so much for reading my review! If you have read this book, check out my spoiler discussion on this book! 


No comments:

Post a Comment