Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler

"The girl who'd written volumes on the walls but never said a word."






Summary:

All Elyse knew was singing. Singing on tour with her twin sister, but this is all ruined when she looses her voice in a boating accident.


She flees to Artagatis Cove in Oregon and there she meets Christian Kane, a boy who needs a Co-Captain in the Pirate Regatta. 

Elyse steps up to help him repair his boat and he helps her find her voice.

This book is loosely based off of The Little Mermaid, hence the gifs.

Review:

Overall I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun summer read that was also very empowering. I won't go extremely in-depth because I think you should just go ahead and try this book out for fun. If you like The Little Mermaid, I recommend picking it up!

Characters:


Elyse: 

Elyse was such a great character. I loved how she developed over the course of the story. She learned how to stand up for herself without a voice.

Christian:

 He is as great as Prince Eric. He was so kind and I liked how he brought Elyse out of her shell.

Sebastian:

My favorite character was definitely Christian's little brother, Sebastian. He loves mermaids and he wasn't afraid to embrace it even though he's a boy.

Every time he wanted to go chasing for mermaids I imagined him like this.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment